Saturday, October 4, 2014

http://sneak-peek-sunday.blogspot.com/
 

Body in the Antique Trunk: http://amzn.to/1n3T97e


Excerpt:
As I hung up, two police cars drove up and parked. Chance strode from the first one. My heartbeat sped up as it always did when I saw him. He’s a hunk, delightfully tall, ruggedly built, with curly brown hair. And he’s usually very nice and friendly to me.
But now he was in his cop mode. His piercing blue eyes glared from below his heavy eyebrows as he paused in front of me. “Cassie. What are you doing here?”
“Working, Chance.”
“Do you always have to be involved when there’s trouble in our county?”
My temper flared and I glared back. “I’m not ‘involved’ as you call it. I just got here and whoever is stinking up the garage has been dead for quite a while.”
He frowned at me, his expression surprised. “Yeah? You’ve smelled a dead body before?”
I swallowed and nodded. Chance stared at me, and then he and the sheriff exchanged looks. Chance’s expression plainly said we’d talk about this later. This was one more thing about my past that I hadn’t told him. “Where is it?”
 
 
 

No comments: